Back on track and here is my Top 5 2012 Inspirations posts – inspired by Gillian! 🙂
The Clever Clogs
I felt like I’ve really connected with this people through my blog, their blogs and Twitter. It’s more than being inspired by sewing and FOs, it’s about being inspired by people’s thoughtfulness, kindness and generosity. Here’s cheers to GingerMakes, Gillian of Crafting a Rainbow, Vicki Kate Makes, Kim-ing, Suzy Bee Sews, All the Whimsical Things , Couture Academic , SewSquirrel and My Messings and all the girls listed as Clever Clogs & Funny Girls. There are more but I’m becoming exhausted by all this ‘hyperlinking’. If you are not listed it’s not cos I don’t love you – I just need to go love my kids and take them to the beach…
It seems appropriate to nominate all of the above for the Very Inspiring and Lovely Blogger Award. In the past week I’ve been nominated twice for the Very Inspiring & One Lovely Blogger award by Thewallina and Penny Librarian. Thank you so much 🙂 I’ve been nominated before so you can read 7 things about me (I could write another 7 things but I might destroy my non-existent mystique BAHAHAHA) and what you need to do if you choose to pass it on here…
In a class all of their own…
Handmade by Carolyn. Just completely and utterly fabulous.
Goodbye Valentino. She gave up RTW (designer stuff!) for a year and continues to abstain. I’m on the verge of doing so myself (but I don’t buy designer labels – I wish!! So it’s probably not such a great sacrifice!).
MadewithHugs&Kisses nominated me for Blog of the Year – which means you get a Star. I think Carolyn deserves a star too…
Last and not least…
And I guess my 6th source of inspiration (yes I know it’s supposed to be 5 things but I’m going overboard because my head is always overflowing with ideas) falls outside blogland. *gasp* there is such a place! It’s simply everyday life. Whether it’s television, movies, magazines, books, RTW shops or people in the street, I find myself analysing cuts, fabrics, styles and translating these into my own makes.
Oh dear my next post shall be my 2013 goals. Scary stuff.
IN OTHER SEWBUSYLIZZY SEWING NEWS
I have been ridiculously busy lately. I’ve made a Lonsdale, knitted a cardigan, finishing off a jacket and made some new funky cushion covers. And weirdly I don’t even feel like I’ve been sewing much…
I got heaps of new sewing stuff in the last couple of weeks… including an awesome Merry Christmas Swap from Sonja of Gingermakes (you can see what I sent her here – now don’t get jealous!), a thoughtful package from Gillian of Crafting a Rainbow, some awesome patterns from Pretty Grievances, my zipper package from Coats & Clark from winning the Pattern Review competition – and then a few Christmas presents. Will blog soon!!
Finally to find I have been nominated for an award… the Blog of the Year Award!
As part of this award you collect stars – there are a total of six stars to collect – and I love this because it means you can be nominated by multiple people and find out who likes your blog and what people think of it. This is my very first star. I was nominated by MadewithHugs&Kisses
So without further ado, here are the rules for the Blog of The Year 2012 Award.
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
- Select another blog or other blogs who deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award;
- Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award;
- Include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Awardat theThought Palette and provide these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
- Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
- You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook groupand then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
- As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Here are the images to collect:
And I nominate everyone listed in my post above!